The BAAMA Journal is a biannual publication that serves to highlight San Francisco Bay Area geospatial businesses, agencies, people, technology, applications, projects, and maps.
CALL FOR MAP & ARTICLE SUBMISSIONS. DUE MAY 15TH, 2015. Review our Guidelines.
Fall 2013 - Volume 7, Issue 2
Use this link to connect with our new mobile-friendly Journal: www.baamajournal.com
In this issue:
For archived Journals, scroll to the bottom of the page.
To receive emails when the next Journal is released, please sign-up for BAAMA email pushes. Please note, if you already receive other BAAMA emails, you are already subscribed for BAAMA email pushes.
The BAAMA Journal welcomes your active participation.
If you are interested in writing an article or column, being interviewed or having your project featured, laying out an issue, advertising your companies services, or sending us feedback on what you've read in the Journal, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The BAAMA Journal Guiding Principles:
1. To highlight innovative Bay Area-centric geospatial projects and practitioners.
2. To serve the professional geospatial community of the greater San Francisco Bay Area.
3. To provide timely, informative and relevant content of a moderately-technical nature; and
4. To engage and entertain the readership with lively, well-written and well-edited content.
Article Submission Guidelines:
1. Articles must be about a Bay Area project, entity, person, or experience.
2. Technical articles should present a creative or innovative use of geospatial data or technology.
3. Articles that present a business problem must clearly identify the role and value derived from geospatial data/technology.
4. Articles should be between 500-2000 words.
5. While unsolicited articles are welcome, we encourage the submittal of an abstract of the article for editorial review before submitting a final draft.
6. Greyscale or color graphics are acceptable. Files can be submitted in the following formats: Native Adobe Application Files in PC format, High Resolution (recommended 300 dpi) .JPG, .TIF, .EPS, or .PDF. File color must be CMYK.
7. Neither Project award announcements, nor new product announcements will be accepted.
8. Jobs/promotional announcements will not be accepted.
Map Gallery Submission Guidelines:
1. Maps must be authored by a Bay Area resident, feature a Bay Area location or project.
2. Maps may be larger than 8.5x11 inches but will most likely be scaled down. Outstanding maps may be published at approximately 11x17 inches.
3. Greyscale or color graphics are acceptable. File color must be CMYK.
4. Files can be submitted in the following formats: Native Adobe Application Files in PC format, High Resolution (recommended 300 dpi) .JPG, .TIF, .EPS, or .PDF
5. File size should be under 5 MB (exceptions are possible on a case-by-case basis)
The BAAMA Journal Archives
Volume 3, Issue 2 - No publication