||The Geospatial Analyst/RDBMs Developer serves as an important member of MB&G's Geospatial Team. The team provides a full range of geospatial, software and database solutions and support for multi-disciplinary projects. The Geospatial Analyst/RDBMs Developer will assist in the development of a range of geospatial applications and software extensions.
In this role you will perform the following tasks:
• Perform quality control of National Applications GIS Data and other corporate data
• Gather spatial and tabular data from a large variety of complex National databases
• Use ArcGIS and PL/SQL developer software to create/update/enhance data quality scripts
• Follow policies and procedures for national corporate data
• Understand and follow Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERDs) to maintain forest data layers in national corporate format.
• Use ArcGIS software skills and Python to update older technology workflows, as well as create new Python Scripts to automate GIS processes
• Use PL/SQL Developer and MS Access software to create and develop custom outputs from National Application data.
• Support data management projects
• Work with National subject matter experts (SMEs), programmers, developers, and end users to resolve problems or create a usable work around solution for regional implementation of data
• Attend meetings and serve as GIS team member for related projects, includes site visits
• Work with developers to validate and test new software versions and emergency releases of National Applications
• Create, maintain and organize user training in defined areas and the training efforts of others using a variety of delivery mechanisms (hard copy, virtual sessions, and recorded modules using Camtasia software).
• Support data management and geodatabase design projects
• Perform ArcGIS geodatabase design, Oracle database design and formatted output reports, tables/display tasks using MS Access as assigned by numerous Project Managers
• Submit proposals for process improvements.
• Perform other duties as necessary
To excel in the position of Geospatial Analyst/RDBMs Developer, you should possess the following skills and experience:
• Advanced relational database management skills
• Proficiency with PL/SQL database programming language
• Development experience with scripting languages including Python
• Expertise with GIS analysis and technology including ESRI software, specifically ArcGIS 10.
• Advanced knowledge of MS Access.
• Ability to understand and implement logic within Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERDs)
• Experience automating workflows
• Experience with software validation and testing
• Excellent communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Well organized
• Knowledge of USFS GIS data structures, National Application structures, and other agency structures including NHD and LSRS/ALP datasets a plus
Mason, Bruce & Girard, Inc. is a full-service natural resources consulting firm, with expertise in environmental services, forestry and geographic information systems (GIS). A set of core values guide our work, focusing our efforts on providing responsible, sustainable solutions that meet client needs.
Our areas of expertise include forestry, wildlife, fisheries, wetlands, water quality, and GIS. Our work is characterized by the highest level of client service, the application of the best science and technology, quality processes and results, integrity, and our respect for the natural environment. We provide natural resource consulting services to both industry and government, and have done so since 1921.
Join Us/Apply Now
Click here http://www.masonbruce.com/careers/current-openings or visit the Careers section of our website to send us your resume.
Mason, Bruce & Girard is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and we do not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status or consideration protected by local, state and federal laws, except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies. Equal opportunity applies to hiring, promotion, training, compensation, and any other organizational action. MB&G’s written Affirmative Action Plan is available to all employees and job applicants upon request.
MB&G is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.