Erler & Kalinowski, Inc. (EKI) is an employee-owned, full-service, engineering and environmental sciences consulting firm serving private and public sector clients throughout the United States. If you are interested in making an impact on the quality of life and the environment and advance your career, then EKI is the place for you.
We are currently seeking a Production GIS Analyst for our Burlingame, CA office.
The Production GIS Analyst’s primary focus will be on drafting and producing high quality and detail-oriented figures for inclusion in EKI’s work products. The ideal candidate for this role is entry level, with at least 2 years of experience using Esri’s ArcGIS software, which can include coursework.
The successful candidate will work closely with professional technical staff to generate figures and visualizations of data for a variety of applications, including reports, field programs, presentations, and analysis under the supervision of the GIS team manager as part of a growing GIS team. In addition to drafting report figures for production, the Production GIS Analyst will assist in loading data into project-specific MS Access databases and performing QA/QC checks on the data. The ideal candidate may also assist with writing and developing complex SQL queries and VBA macros in MS Access in order to process and present environmental data and other related tasks.
· Drafting figures for a broad range of projects and clients.
· Importing data from MS Excel and Access databases into ArcGIS and plotting, projecting, and symbolizing such data.
· Updating figure-related databases and project files, including GPS and surveyor-provided coordinates, aerial photographs, legacy basemap files, and other project-specific data.
· Preparing figures to be consistent with company standards, including large format figures.
· Version control of figures.
· Assisting technical staff who have varying levels of GIS knowledge.
· Bachelor’s degree in Geography, Environmental Science, or related field, with an understanding of basic environmental, geology, and chemistry concepts.
· At least 2 years of experience using Esri’s ArcGIS software, which can include coursework.
· Experience with cartographic principles, digital map production, hard copy presentations, and QA/QC. Examples of past work may be requested.
· Understanding of good graphic design practices and basic color theory, and experience working with RGB, HSV, and other color model systems.
· Strong understanding of spatial data concepts, projection systems, data management, geodatabases, georeferencing, and digitization.
· Ability to work with data, solve problems, and identify innovative ways to approach tasks.
· Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, and able adapt to rapidly-changing project needs and deadlines while tracking time spent.
· Ability to follow instruction with minimal oversight and complete tasks as efficiently as possible.
· High level of attention to detail.
· Highly organized with ability to document workflows and to work on multiple projects at the same time.
· Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
· Must be able to legally work within the United States.
Other Desirable Qualifications:
· Minor or certificate in GIS from a major university.
· Capstone or other significant project using Esri GIS software.
· Experience using QGIS.
· Experience using graphic design programs such as Photoshop or Illustrator.
· Experience coding in VBA or other programming language.
· Experience using and writing advanced queries in MS Access, MS SQL Server, or other SQL-based database systems.
As an ESOP firm, EKI offers a unique company culture with a corporate commitment to maintaining a positive work/life experience. EKI provides excellent compensation and comprehensive benefits packages, including career advancement opportunities, outstanding training opportunities, profit sharing through the ESOP and incentive compensation, 401(k) and group medical benefits.
EKI’s office is conveniently located near the Millbrae BART/Caltrain station.
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter should include a detailed description of your experience using Esri GIS software, including a summary of tools and functions used, and a list of all relevant classes taken. Samples of previous work are welcomed.
EKI is an Equal Opportunity employer.