Last year, USGIF granted 25 young professionals the exclusive opportunity to attend the GEOINT Symposium for free and participate in YPG-only activities that included a mentoring luncheon, special exhibit hall tours, and an invitation to the VIP Chairman's reception where they got to talk with NGA Director Letitia Long.
USGIF is now accepting applications and nominations for this year's GEOINT Symposium Young Professionals Program. The Foundation will select up to 25 individuals to receive the "Golden Ticket." In order to qualify, applicants must agree to fully participate in all activities specified Participants must be able to attend the entire GEOINT 2013 Symposium, beginningSunday, October 13, and ending the evening of Wednesday, October 16. The exact Young Professional Program agenda is being finalized but will be available in August. Previous "Golden Ticket" recipients are not eligible for selection. Selected individuals will be responsible for their own travel and hotel accommodations.
To apply for this exclusive opportunity, email firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 p.m. EST, August 5 with your name, title, organization, date of birth, and a letter of support from your supervisor. This information should be accompanied by responses to the following questions:
1. What is your current position at your organization?
2. How many years have you been in the GEOINT Community?
3. What was your college major?
4. Have you or do you currently serve in the military?
5. Is this your first time at the GEOINT Symposium, and if not how many have you attended?
6. How many USGIF YPG events have you participated in within the last calendar year?
7. If you could sit down and talk with anyone in the GEOINT community, who would you choose?